V&G Electric

 No job too small Give us a call

Frequently Asked Questions

Question:  If one of my breakers keeps tripping, do I need an Electrician?

Answer:  In most cases the answer is yes.  If you are attempting to use appliances that require larger breakers   and wire you will need an electrician to install the proper equipment. 

Answer:  This could also indicate a more serious problem:  If a breaker trips for no reason at all, it could be a loose wire in the outlet or breaker, and in other cases a picture hanging nail or device may have punctured the insulation of the wiring and is a very dangerous problem.


More to come !!

LED, Compact Fluorescent and Incandescent bulb Comparison

The following chart shows the wattage required to obtain the light output equivalent to incandescent light bulbs.

Incandescent Light Bulbs Fluorescent (CFL) LED Minimum Light Output
Watts Watts Watts Lumens
40 9-13 4-5 450
60 13-15 6-8 800
75 18-25 9-13 1,100
100 23-30 16-20 1,600
150 30-55 25-28 2,600